Center for Teaching and Learning Advisory Committee
Members have the responsibility of executing the mission of the center. Their specific duties include:
- Assessing faculty and staff needs and interest for appropriate professional development opportunities.
- Planning and implementing professional development activities at Shaw University.
- Reviewing dossiers for sabbatical leaves and making recommendations to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Reviewing dossiers and making recommendations for awards in teaching and professional excellence.
- Reviewing proposals and making recommendations for mini-grant awards.
- Reviewing applications for travel to conferences and workshops to enhance professional development for funding awarded through Title III.
- Preparing a quarterly and annual report on professional development activities.
The committee meets every 4th Wednesday of each month, as necessary, during the academic year. Meetings may be called by the chairperson or upon the request of a committee member.
Committee members are nominated by their respective areas from the Vice President for Academic Affairs. The committee consists of faculty members from the Academic Departments, members from Academic Support Departments and staff members along with a member of the Center for Teaching and Learning (Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning). The chair will be the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning. Each member other than office staff will serve a term of three years. In the event that a member cannot finish his/her term, another member will be nominated to serve for a renewed three years.