Weather Alert Update
We are closely watching Hurricane Irma. Shaw University will be operating on its regular schedule. Weather advisory and updates to campus operations will be posted to our website, social media and notification system.
Please review tips from the National Weather Service on how to stay safe before, during and after severe weather. If an emergency situation arises, please be sure to contact Campus Police and Security at 919-546-8249.
For additional information regarding the University's operations during inclement weather, please check the following media outlets:
- WRAL-TV (Channel 5) also on www.wral.com
- WTVD-TV (Channel 11) also on www.abc11.com
- News14 Carolina (Time Warner Cable) also on http://triangle.news14.com/
In addition, information regarding the University's operations will also be posted online at the following locations:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShawUniversity
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ShawUniversity
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/shawuniversity
Campus housing and hospitality services will continue to provide essential services to all students. Students will be advised to consult with residence hall directors and to monitor the university website, social media pages and ReGroup for real-time updates or alerts. To register, visit https://shawu.regroup.com/login.
- ReadyNC is an all-in-one tool to provides people living in or visiting North Carolina with real-time information on weather, traffic, river levels, evacuations and power outages. Visit ReadyNC for regularly updated information or to download the app.